Forrest Bowman Jr.
Forrest is the author of A Patriot's Peril, a novel about lawyers during the turbulent year 1968, and Sylvia - The Likens Trial a book detailing the 1965 trial for the Murder of Sylvia Likens. Forrest was defense counsel for two of the five individuals charged with the murder. Both books are available on Amazon.com
Forrest Bowman Jr. is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Business where he received membership in Beta Gamma Sigma Scholastic Honorary Society. He is a 1962 graduate of Indiana University School of Law - Bloomington.
During the earlier stages of his career he focused on criminal defense both at trial level and on appeal.
In recent years he has focused on civil trials and appeals and attorney discipline defense.
He has lectured on legal ethics and is listed in Best Lawyers in America 2014.
Areas of Practice
- Civil and Criminal Appeals
- Internal Investigations - Governmental and Private
- Professional Liability
- Professional Disciplinary Defense
- Personal Injury
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- State ex rel. Schutz v. Marion Superior Court, Room No. 7
- 307 N.E. 2d 53 (Ind. 1974)
- Ayr-Way Stores, Inc. V. Chitwood
- 300 N.E. 2d 335 (Ind. 1973)
- King v. Pollard
- 311 N.E. 2d 454 (Ct. App. Ind. 1974)
- Indiana Dept. Transportation v. McEnery
- 737 N.E. 2d 799 (Ct App. Ind. 2000)
- Board of Trustees of Ball State University v. Strain
- 771 N.E. 2d 79 (Ct. App. Ind. 2002)
- Johnson v. St. Vincent Hospital, Inc.
- 404 N.E. 2d 585 (Ind. 1980)
- Legacy Healthcare, Inc. v. Barnes & Thornburg
- 837 N.E. 2d 619 (Ind. 2005)
- Cole by Cole v. Greenfield-Central Community Schools
- 657 F. Supp. 56
- Harrison v. City of Greenfield, Ind.
- 966 F. 2d 315
- Carter v. State
- 234 N.E. 2d 650 (Ind. 1968)
- Deering V. State
- 232 N.E. 2d 604 (Ind. 1968)
- State ex rel. Sanders v. Marion Criminal Court, Division One
- 193 N.E. 2d633 (Ind. 1963)
- Robbins v. State
- 235 N.E. 2d 199 (Ind. 1968)
- Shunk v. State
- 326 N.E. 2d 644 (Ct. App. Ind. 1975)
- Satterfield v. State
- 468 N.E. 2d 571 (Ct. App. Ind. 1984)
- Goodloe v. State
- 229 N.E. 2d 626 (Ind. 1967)
- Haskett v. State
- 263 N.E. 2d 529 (Ind. 1970)
- Schuchman v. State
- 236 N.E. 2d 830 (Ind. 1968)
These citations are provided only as illustrative examples of the experience of Forrest Bowman Jr. They do not purport to describe all matters in which he was involved.